Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome to my blog...

The rain has just started out here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. I stare out the window at the drizzle daydreaming of my soon to be faithful companion. You see I'm eagerly anticipating a new puppy and can hardly wait for him to join my family. He's only 2 weeks old now but soon he will be a large majestic ISSR Shiloh Shepherd.

My search for the perfect fuzzy companion began many months ago. It started simply enough, with a list of wants, must haves and definately do not want characteristics and qualities. Quickly the more research I did the shorter the list became until voila... a Shiloh Shepherd was in my near future.

The Shiloh Shepherd is a breed still under development, and in order to better understand the breed founder's vision for these dogs, it is impotant that anyone interested in owning one take some time to read the information that is provided on the ISSR website. You will find a lot of misinformation on the Internet, especially when dealing with breeds under development, so take your time and ask a lot of questions.