Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Visit to the Vet

Monday I took Danzig to the vet for his check up. I must confess I was a bit weary of bringing him into a place where sick doggies go since he isn't fully vaccinated yet. I carried him in and hoped they cleaned the area after each patient. I suspect this is why he seemed frightened about entering, he was sensing my fears. Bad mommy, I'll try to be more confident next time. Don't want him to develop vet phobia. Once in the room I started to prepare for the vet with my list of Q's and handful of documents.


Danzig weighed 17lb 6oz. The Dr checked him over and tried to find the mystery lump that was on his neck at the LER. Roscoe and I hadn't been able to find it again since LER day either. The vet suggested it was a small infection from his 1st vaccinations that has since dissipated. We talked for a good 30 minutes as the vet was fascinated with Danzig and Shiloh's in general. He commented on how it was obvious Danzig's breeder was very knowledgeable and took great care of him early on.




Danzig found most of the visit to be uneventfull as he slept pretty much the entire time.

No comments: